Donations & Gifts
Support the Driftless Area Inititiative
The Driftless Area Initiative is working hard to protect the natural environment of the Driftless. We are grateful for the amazing support we have received from all of you. To continue this important work we are hoping your generosity will continue.
What Can I Do?
- Join a watershed conservation group to protect this unique geological region
- Practice sustainable farming or forestry techniques
- Become an active member of one of DAI’s standing committees
- Promote stewardship of natural resources where you live
- Support the Driftless Forest Network
- Share our story with your conservation of agricultural organization
Become a Member of the Driftless Area Initiative
By becoming a member of the Driftless Area Initiative you can join with us to continue the important work of restoring and enhancing our natural resources. You will receive important information about activities and events throughout the region and be invited to DAI events, like our annual Partners Meeting. Add your voice. Become a member today!
Send your check to:
Driftless Area Initiative
PO Box 753
Platteville, WI 53818
The Driftless Area Initiative has been approved by the IRS as a federal tax exempt organization under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Planned Giving -- You Can Leave a Legacy of Support to the Driftless
You have worked hard to build your assets. You want to use those assets to ensure a strong future for yourself, your family and to preserve the wonder and natural beauty of this special place we call the Driftless.
Would you consider a gift to the Driftless Area Initiative in your will? This will insure the important work of restoring and enhancing the natural resources of our land will continue. Your gift offers these main benefits:
- Simplicity. All that is needed are a few added sentences to your will. Your attorney can help with this. “I (name) give, devise and bequeath to the Driftless Area Initiative, Inc. (amount or percentage of estate) for its unrestricted use and purpose.)
- Flexibility. Because you are not actually making a gift until after your lifetime, you can change your mind at any time.
- Versatility. You can structure your bequest to leave a specific amount of money, leave a percentage of your estate to DAI or designate your gift for a special purpose.
- Tax Relief. If your estate is subject to estate tax, your gift is entitled to an estate tax charitable deduction for the gift’s full value.
A Note from Our Executive Director:
The Driftless Area Initiative began its existence as an unincorporated partnership in 2002 and has now evolved into a not-for-profit corporation approved by the IRS as a tax exempt organization. We are working hard to develop a sense of pride for this beautiful land in which we live, work and raise our families. We ask you consider becoming an active member in one of our committees:
- Sustainable Agriculture/Local Foods
- Tourism/Economic Development
Add your voice to those of your neighbors in working to enhance and restore our region’s ecology, economy and cultural resources. Without your ideas and perceptions our important work is left incomplete.
We also encourage you to consider a gift to the Driftless Area Initiative by becoming a member, for as we all know, the best intentions left unfunded often remain unresolved. Your gift will not only make the continuation of our work possible but will be a tangible sign to others that the people of the Driftless are joining together to make a difference. We have all been given the gift of the beautiful land in which we live. Through support of DAI we can pass that legacy on to our children and grandchildren.
Please join with us in making this dream a reality.
Driftless Area Initiative
Thank you for your support of the Driftless Area Initiative